Due to the cancellation of the 2020 ICB/TABB Conference, the ICB is dedicated to ensuring you are aware of alternate methods for earning Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
CEUs must relate to the scope of your certification and are acceptable from the following sources:
- Any course endorsed by SMACNA.
- Any course sponsored by the local JATC.
- Any course offered by a professional association such as ASHRAE or NFPA.
- Teaching a course for a local JATC for at least eight hours per year.
- Presenting a seminar – agenda and presentation must be provided to receive CEUs.
- A published paper related to your certification discipline – eight CEUs will be credited per paper.
- Any course or webinar – appropriate documentation must be submitted to receive credits.
- Online courses are available from ITI.Visit sheetmetal-iti.org for details.
- Online courses are available from NEMI.Visit the Resources section at nemionline.org or Contact Charlett Hardaway firstname.lastname@example.org for details. A course enrollment code is required to access supervisor training courses from NEMI.
One hour of continuing education training equals one CEU.
The number of CEUs required for renewal of certifications is as follows:
- An individual who holds one or more technician certifications needs only to complete a total of four (4) acceptable CEUs to fully renew all technician certifications held by the individual.
- An individual who holds one or more supervisor certifications needs only to complete a total of eight (8) acceptable CEUs to fully renew all supervisor certifications held by the individual.
Training courses provided by the ITI automatically report CEUs to your ICB account. For all other sources, you must self-report CEUs by logging in to your ICB account, clicking on the CEUs tab, and entering the following information about the completed course:
- CEU Type
- Course Title
- Training Provider
- Location of the Course
- Date of Completion
- CEUs Earned
If you have any questions, contact the ICB office for assistance at 703-299-5646.